About the Role
As a Systems Administrator in the Corporate IT team, your responsibilities will include installation, maintenance, and support for the organisation’s computer systems, networks, mobile devices, and more, both on-prem and in the cloud.
Main responsibilities include resolving technical issues, maintaining and improving the IT infrastructure, running health checks, and using remote connections to provide support. You will maintain accurate documentation and ensure that processes are clear and easy to follow.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Monitor and maintain internal infrastructure and security tools.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of knowledge base articles, notes, and manuals.
- Maintain subject matter expertise with partner providers.
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware, software, and network components.
- Track requests through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams.
- Refer to and update internal database or external resources to provide accurate solutions.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of hardware and software assets.
- Follow established security protocols and contribute to cyber defence efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in a technical role, such as IT Help Desk, Technical Support Engineer, or Systems Administrator.
- Experience with virtualisation, networking, cloud systems considered a plus.
- Experience working with cyber security tools, such as Anti-Virus/EDR, Vulnerability Management, Patch Management etc.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g., TeamViewer, Jira, etc.).
- Proficiency in diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, RHCSA, CCNA, AWS Associate level, or other relevant industry certifications would be a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion Mission Statement
At Smarttech247, our mission is to keep our customers secure. Cybersecurity is a complex industry, therefore, in order to tackle its challenges and continue to innovate, we believe that a diverse workforce contributes to greater collective intelligence and ultimately, makes a stronger team – qualities that are needed in our fight against cybercrime.
Smarttech247 is proud to be committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.