We are seeking a highly skilled SIEM Engineer with expertise in both QRadar and Splunk to join our team here in Cork. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining SIEM solutions to protect our clients from cyber-attacks and other security threats. The role involves working closely with the Security Operations team to ensure that the SIEM system is fully operational and functioning effectively.
- Design and implement SIEM solutions using QRadar and Splunk to detect and respond to security incidents.
- Work with the security operations team to ensure that the SIEM system is configured and optimized to detect and respond to security incidents.
- Develop and maintain SIEM dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Create and maintain SIEM use cases to detect specific security threats.
- Analyse SIEM data to identify trends and patterns.
- Troubleshoot and resolve SIEM-related issues.
- Perform SIEM upgrades and patching.
- Provide training and support to the security operations team on the use of the SIEM system.
- Documentation, reporting, presentation, teamwork, and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with QRadar is essential for this role.
- Experience in Splunk SIEM systems is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in SIEM engineering and operations.
- Excellent written and oral skills, ability to work closely with multiple customers, manage expectations and track engagement scope.
- Two years of experience with Linux and Windows system administration or an intermediate understanding of operating systems and common operating environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Diversity & Inclusion Mission Statement
At Smarttech247, our mission is to keep our customers secure. Cybersecurity is a complex industry, therefore, in order to tackle its challenges and continue to innovate, we believe that a diverse workforce contributes to greater collective intelligence and ultimately, makes a stronger team – qualities that are needed in our fight against cybercrime.
Smarttech247 is proud to be committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply to this role, please submit your CV accompanied by your cover letter through the form below.