About This Role
We are looking for an experienced Data Protection Specialist to integrate our GRC department and contribute to the growth of Smarttech247’s privacy related service offerings, namely:
DPO as a Service
Data Protection Consultancy
EuroPrivacy implementation / audits
The selected candidate would be expected to undertake EuroPrivacy certification financed by Smarttech247.
As a Data Protection specialist, you would report to the GRC manager and be expected to:
- Advise, train, coach and support our clients in the implementation of Data Protection
- Perform gap analyses and documentation reviews.
- Provide consultation services in relation to Data Protection legislation.
- Consulting services in EuroPrivacy implementation
- Perform EuroPrivacy Audits.
- Develop sustainable processes/procedures to for our clients to manage and comply with their Data Protection and records management requirements.
- Conduct data protection audits, investigations, and reviews on behalf of the customer, on customer locations.
- Perform data protection risks assessments.
- Perform and evaluate, LIAS, ROPA’s, DPIA’s.
- Develop training programmes and provide regular training sessions for data protection provisions and regulatory matters.
- Create Data Protection governance documentation including Policies, processes and data breach incident management plan.
- Manage data security breaches and function as the point of contact for our customers with supervisory authorities.
- Perform presales activities in assessing potential customer’s Data Protection requirements.
- Create awareness training material.
- Write related subject matter articles.
What do we value in a candidate:
- Three or more years of experience in data protection compliance or related field.
- Expertise in data protection laws and practices, including deep understanding of GDPR.
- Experience in a legal, audit, or risk management role.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency with software for preparing reports and presentations.
- The capability to work with some independence.
- Very good written and spoken English skills.
- Very good communication and negotiation skills.
- High self-motivation, enthusiasm, and commitment.
Diversity & Inclusion Mission Statement
At Smarttech247, our mission is to keep our customers secure. Cybersecurity is a complex industry, therefore, in order to tackle its challenges and continue to innovate, we believe that a diverse workforce contributes to greater collective intelligence and ultimately, makes a stronger team – qualities that are needed in our fight against cybercrime.
Smarttech247 is proud to be committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.