About the Role
We are seeking a talented DevOps Engineer with 3-5 years of AWS experience to join our team. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our development team, taking ownership of the infrastructure and tools necessary to support our cloud native products. Your primary responsibility will be to design, implement, and maintain our continuous integration and deployment pipelines, ensuring smooth and efficient software delivery. You will work closely with developers, testers and other stakeholders to ensure seamless integration of code changes and automated testing processes.
Location and Schedule: This is an on-site position based in Cork. The successful candidate will be expected to work on-site three days per week to collaborate closely with the development team. Flexible arrangements may be considered for exceptional candidates.
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure, tools, and systems necessary for continuous integration, deployment, and delivery of our flagship product, VisionX.
- Collaborate with the development team to understand their requirements and provide guidance on best practices for software development and deployment.
- Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to ensure high availability and performance of the product.
- Automate deployment, configuration management, and infrastructure provisioning processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues, optimise performance, and ensure smooth operation of the product.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in the DevOps and cyber security domains and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in DevOps roles (using AWS).
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Terraform and related.
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible.
- Familiarity with containerisation technologies (Docker, Docker Compose) and infrastructure orchestration.
- Experience with AWS and AWS services, such as: VPC, Networking (Security Groups, NACLs, VPN setup), AWS Organizations, EC2 and ECS.
- Experience running and maintaining of Monitoring (Grafana) and Alerting tools (Cloudwatch Alerts or similar).
- Solid understanding of networking and security principles.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities.
Nice to Have (not required):
- Experience working in the cyber security industry.
- Certifications in relevant areas such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer / Solution Architect (Associate)
Diversity & Inclusion Mission Statement
At Smarttech247, our mission is to keep our customers secure. Cybersecurity is a complex industry, therefore, in order to tackle its challenges and continue to innovate, we believe that a diverse workforce contributes to greater collective intelligence and ultimately, makes a stronger team – qualities that are needed in our fight against cybercrime.
Smarttech247 is proud to be committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.