At Smarttech247, we have been at the forefront of cybersecurity with over a decade of experience within the industry. We are in a phase of exponential growth and want you to be part of this exciting new stage in the company.
We are looking for an experienced Splunk Engineer with in-depth knowledge of enterprise security to join our team in Ireland. In this role, you will be providing support to our SOC analysts, engineers and the development team.
- Build, implement, and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- Work with existing and custom Splunk applications and add-ons to fulfil customer needs.
- Provide overall engineering and design support for a distributed Splunk environment consisting of heavy forwarders, indexers, and search head servers, spanning security, performance, and operational roles.
- Editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Onboard data to Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs (API), and modular inputs from sources such as FireEye, Blue Coat, F5, Cisco, Palo Alto, syslog, etc.
- Provide operational support Splunk Universal Forwarder on Linux and Windows endpoints.
- Create, manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration in on-site and cloud environments.
- Documentation, reporting, presentation, teamwork, and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in cybersecurity.
- Excellent written and oral skills, ability to work closely with multiple customers, manage expectations and track engagement scope.
- Two years of experience with Linux and Windows system administration or an intermediate understanding of operating systems and common operating environments.
- Two years of experience with Splunk in distributed deployments.
- Current Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin certification or Splunk Enterprise Security Admin.
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security or integration with other Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms.
- Proficient at data on-boarding activities including routing, parsing, and normalizing events to the Splunk Common Information Model (CIM).
- Proficiency onboarding data using Splunk developed add-ons for Windows, Linux, and common third-party devices and applications.
Diversity & Inclusion Mission Statement
At Smarttech247, our mission is to keep our customers secure. Cybersecurity is a complex industry, therefore, in order to tackle its challenges and continue to innovate, we believe that a diverse workforce contributes to greater collective intelligence and ultimately, makes a stronger team – qualities that are needed in our fight against cybercrime.
Smarttech247 is proud to be committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.