About the Role
Smarttech247 is a cybersecurity organisation seeking to hire a Service Delivery Specialist to join our Service Delivery team, which specialises in data classification and security solutions.
As a Service Delivery Specialist, you are responsible for ensuring technical products defined by our Delivery Managers are delivered to an appropriate quality, in a timescale and at a cost acceptable to senior management. The Service Delivery Specialist reports to and takes direction from the Service Delivery Manager. The position would mainly focus on client-based projects, acting as a client liaison, technical support, pre-sales, and cross-functional development will fall within the ambit of your responsibilities.
This role will be based in our Cork office (HQ) and will be a mix of on-site and remote work.
- Responsible for the overall system environment management across all customer platforms.
- Prepare and manage a technical plan detailing the activities and deliverables of the technical team and agree these with Delivery Manager.
- Deliver tech support in accordance with an agreed design from the project scope of works.
- Work alongside all other project and technical leads to ensure all ITS technical products are delivered to appropriate quality, timescale, and cost.
- Advise Delivery Managers of any deviations from plan, recommend corrective action and help prepare any appropriate actions.
- Provide support and knowledge transfer to technical team members.
- Manage scope of projects from inception to closure.
- Define, develop and manage implementation schedules.
- Coordinate resources, prepare project teams for kick-off and ensure effective completion of project milestones, control project scope and mitigate risks.
- Ensure project consultants are delivering to configuration, development, and methodology standards.
- Identify potential sales opportunities for the sales team. Support the Sales team in gathering requirements to develop a solution fit with a strong value proposition.
- Ensure delivery processes are efficient and cost effective.
- Enable and enact technical implementation and configuration of supported products where necessary.
- Partake and coordinate any potential technical troubleshooting that arises.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU:
- Good technical experience in Linux, Windows Server, Networking, DevOps and open-source projects.
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Architecture.
- Experience in development and delivering complex projects throughout the lifecycle.
- Project planning and progress monitoring, including milestone control.
- Creative problem solver, able to build contingency plans and handle stressful situation with professionalism.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Delivery teams. Handle Operational issues related to the delivery centre.
- Provide technical support and participate in the Change Control Board and/ or change control process.
- Become the Single point of contact for delivery and act as an advocate between the Service Delivery and the Customer.
- Drive and coordinate crisis management.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
Diversity & Inclusion Mission Statement
At Smarttech247, our mission is to keep our customers secure. Cybersecurity is a complex industry, therefore, in order to tackle its challenges and continue to innovate, we believe that a diverse workforce contributes to greater collective intelligence and ultimately, makes a stronger team – qualities that are needed in our fight against cybercrime.
Smarttech247 is proud to be committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.