Duties and Responsibilities
- Regulatory Financial Reporting requirements of a publicly-traded company.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts, annual financial statements, general ledger maintenance and all reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and forecasts.
- Liaise with and prepare data for external Auditors, Revenue, CSO etc.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the statutory interim and annual external audit with external auditors.
- Management & tracking of all costs for the company’s business units.
- Support the monthly projection process for all R&D departmental spend, headcount and capital.
- Prepare data for all new technology and products, base spend, resources and capital investment budgets for all R&D projects.
- Support the preparation of Enterprise Ireland R&D Grants and all other Grant submissions.
- Managing the finance process to ensure all approved suppliers are paid in a timely fashion.
Education, Qualifications and Requirements
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent).
- 5 Years + post qualification experience working preferably in IT industry.
- A thorough understanding of accounting and financial principals, budgeting, reporting, financial analysis and forecasting.
- Experience with SAGE Cloud accounting system and Thesaurus is desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience is essential.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in and knowledge of accounting processes and accounting systems.
- Ability to learn new systems to support business needs.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, multitasking, and managing time independently in a constantly changing environment.
- Process staff payrolls and dealing with staff deductions for taxes, insurance and other staff deductions.
- Implement Board policies and ensure that all finance related policies are continually reviewed.
- Attend and present all financial information to the Board of Directors.