Want to work for a leading cyber company and build a career at the cutting edge of infosec?
As a Junior Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible with providing enterprise-level assistance internally and to our customers for IT and cyber security infrastructure and software.
Main responsibilities include resolving technical issues, maintaining and improving the IT infrastructure, configuring and maintaining cyber security tools, running health checks, and using remote connections to provide support. You will maintain accurate documentation and ensure that there are clear steps available for customer issues and tool deployments.
To be qualified for this role, you should either hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering, or have existing experience in the field. Relevant certification is a plus. If you are a fast learner who enjoys problem solving in an ever changing environment, have a security first mindset, with a proven ability to explain technical details in a simple manner, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be someone our internal users and customers trust for assistance and advice. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical and security needs.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Monitor and maintain internal infrastructure and security tools
- Liaise with and between vendors and customers
- Document technical knowledge in the form of knowledge base articles, notes, and manuals
- Maintain subject matter expertise with partner providers
- Perform scheduled maintenance and health checks on relevant systems
- Track requests through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Refer to and update internal database or external resources to provide accurate solutions
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Experience working with cyber security tools, such as Anti-Virus/EDR, Vulnerability Management, Patch Management etc.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. TeamViewer, Jira, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
Diversity & Inclusion Mission Statement
At Smarttech247, our mission is to keep our customers secure. Cybersecurity is a complex industry, therefore, in order to tackle its challenges and continue to innovate, we believe that a diverse workforce contributes to greater collective intelligence and ultimately, makes a stronger team – qualities that are needed in our fight against cybercrime.
Smarttech247 is proud to be committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.