Smarttech247 is looking to recruit a cyber threat hunting specialist to our growing global Cyber Security team. The ideal Cyber Threat Hunter Specialist is someone who is process driven, curious, and enjoys identifying patterns and anomalies in data that are not immediately obvious.
- Create Threat Models to better understand the our own as well as our customers’ networks, identify defensive gaps, and prioritise mitigations
- Author, update, and maintain SOPs, playbooks, work instructions
- Utilise Threat Intelligence and Threat Models to create threat hypotheses
- Proactively and iteratively search through systems and networks to detect advanced threats
- Analyse host, network, and application logs in addition to malware and code
- Prepare and report risk analysis and threat findings to appropriate stakeholders
- Create, recommend, and assist with development of new security content as the result of hunt missions to include signatures, alerts, workflows, and automation.
- Coordinate with different teams to improve threat detection, response, and improve our customers’ overall security posture
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 3+ years of prior relevant experience with a focus on Cyber Security
- Very good knowledge of all Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, IOS…)
- Very good knowledge of Networking Security Tools and Devices
- Good research skills and impressive attention to detail
- Passionate about threat hunting and investigating
- Good knowledge of the following security tools administration will represent an advantage: IBM QRadar, Swimlane, Proofpoint(TAP, TRAP and Enterprise Security), Office 365 Security Toolset, Defender ATP, SentinelOne, CrowdStrike, Tanium, Azure AD, Microsoft CASB, Palo Alto firewalls(Minemeld), Microsoft Intune, Trend Micro Products.
- Attractive salary package, negotiable, depending on the candidate’s skills!
- Opportunities for mentorship from more senior members of the team, and involvement with maturing procedures, evaluating new security technologies, and incident response.
- Meal tickets
- Health insurance
- Medical assistance in a private network
- Partial benefit at 7card
Diversity & Inclusion Mission Statement
At Smarttech247, our mission is to keep our customers secure. Cybersecurity is a complex industry, therefore, in order to tackle its challenges and continue to innovate, we believe that a diverse workforce contributes to greater collective intelligence and ultimately, makes a stronger team – qualities that are needed in our fight against cybercrime.
Smarttech247 is proud to be committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply to this role, please submit your CV accompanied by your cover letter through the form below.